Effects of Coffee on your Health and Skin : Coffee is one of the famous and almost everybody’s favorite ingredient. People love coffee because of the smell, texture, taste and the kick coffee gives you. I can’t imagine starting my day without my cup of coffee. The great thing about it is, it has so many health benefits. Because aroma makes you feel alive and it awakens your senses first thing in the morning.
You know what, coffee can keep your skin healthy in many different ways. Because caffeine in coffee has a number of benefits for your skin. And I am here to share various effects of coffee on your health and skin with its Pros and Cons.
Effects of Coffee on your Skin –
Coffee is a wonderful ingredient. There are reasons that show how coffee filled our lives. Because it is scientifically proven that this is a “Wonder Drink” when consumed in moderation. So now coffee lovers have reason to rejoice because of its benefits for the skin. It has been noted that coffee is great for the skin.
You can see various benefits of coffee while drinking a cup of coffee gets you an internal boost. And applying it to your skin gives you another level of various benefits.
- Coffee contains numerous compounds, including polyphenols and caffeine, that keep cancer-fighting processes that are triggered by UV light under control.
- Coffee performs the role in regulating cell re-growth and increased skin elasticity.
- It enhances blood circulation and leads to energized skin.
- Coffee effectively reduces the swelling of tissues and de-puffing areas of the skin.
Apart from drinking coffee daily, you can use coffee in many beauty recipes for amazing skin and hair.
Beauty Recipes from coffee for gorgeous Skin & Hair–
Skin Brightening Face Mask :
For a radiant and glowing complexion, you can try this skin-brightening coffee mask. Mix Coffee with Cinnamon, Gram flour, and Rosewater. Because this face mask will help to get rid of dead skin cells. It also prevents signs of aging and makes your skin plumper. Coffee reduces dark circles and leaving behind glowing skin.
Check out more face masks like this from visiting her profile @deekshakhurana.
Anti-Cellulite body scrub:
This magical ingredient is also known as a good body scrub to minimize cellulite. This homemade antioxidant coffee body scrub exfoliates the skin. Mix pink salt, brown sugar, ground coffee & essential oils to exfoliate. So that it helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite and moisturizes the skin.
Check out this blog for the benefits of each ingredient used in this coffee scrub in deep.
Coffee is also a great exfoliator for your scalp. Coffee oil can be used as a hair loss treatment. It helps to promote circulation to the scalp which increases hair growth. Use this oil before shampooing. There are two methods you can use to make coffee oil.
- Mix coffee with any oil like coconut oil/olive oil/ castor oil etc and apply directly.
- Mix coffee with any of your favorite oil and boil it for 1-3 hours and pour it into the bottle.
Check out this video – How to use this coffee oil on your hair and skin as well.
Recipe for reducing puffy eyes:
Coffee increases blood circulation and helps to reduce puffiness because of its antioxidant properties. Whenever you make a cup of coffee, keeps the ground aside and let them cool for some time. Apply leftover under the eyes for few minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
You can make this coffee eye cream – Mix olive oil with coffee ground beans. Infuse over low heat for 15-30 minutes. Then strain into a container and melt shea butter and add it too. Now add jojoba oil, rosehip seed oil, (about 10 drops) lavender essential oil, 3 drops of chamomile essential oil, and 5 drops of vitamin E oil. Stir all the ingredients and pour them into the small container to set.
Check out this blog for more details to make essential oils at home for this coffee eye cream.
Pros and Cons of coffee on your Health and Skin:
- Drinking Coffee In Moderation Is Good For Your Brain. You need to drink three cups of coffee per day at most.
- Coffee Consumption May Aid With Weight Loss. Because calories are burned more quickly after drinking coffee due to a boosted metabolism.
- Reduced Chance Of Developing Depression. Two to three cups of coffee per day can reduce the risk of developing depression.
- Coffee May Be Good For Your Heart In The Right Doses. Because Coffee has positive effects on your cardiovascular system over time when in moderation.
- Improve Mental And Cognitive Performance Short-term.
- Regular Coffee Consumption May Help To Prevent Type 2 Diabetes. Because of coffee’s antioxidant compounds (chlorogenic acid and quinides). They contribute to our cells’ insulin sensitivity, which our bodies use to regulate blood sugar.
- Drinking Coffee May Be Great For Your Skin. Because Antioxidants present in coffee that aid our bodies in removing harmful toxins from our system. So by which it can help to give our skin a healthy glow.
- Coffee May Increase Endurance During Workout Sessions. Because Caffeine present in coffee can prolong fatigue, giving a feeling of boosted endurance.
- Coffee May Help You Focus In More Than One Way. Because caffeine content in coffee may increase our ability to focus on the task itself with minimal distractions.
- Over-consuming Can Result In Irritability Or Anxiety.
- Coffee May Contribute To Digestive Problems. So, Individuals who have been diagnosed with IBS or a similar digestive problem should limit their coffee consumption to 3 or fewer cups per day.
- Drinking Coffee May Impact Your Sleep Cycle. Because consuming caffeine any time within six hours before bed could affect not only the amount of sleep that you get but also the quality of sleep that you get.
- If you are overly sensitive to the caffeine molecule, you may experience symptoms of an allergic reaction after consuming coffee, such as pain or breaking out in hives.
- Some Cheaper Coffee Beans Might Have A Negative Impact On The Environment.
- Unfiltered Coffee May Increase Cholesterol Levels. Because of those who opt for boiled but unfiltered coffee, the consumption of coffee may actually raise your levels of “bad” cholesterol.
- Excess Coffee Consumption May Lead To Dehydration And Dizziness.
- Consuming Coffee May Lead To High Blood Pressure For Some People.
There are various Effects of Coffee on your Health and Skin.
Do follow EL Schatteler for more blogs like this…
Stay Tuned !